Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Doodles from 12/24




I just finished the audio version of Steve Martin's newest book, "Born Standing Up."  It's interesting.  Kind of pathetic and depressing.  I think he should stick to making movies and writing plays.  Knowing the story of his life, and having him read it aloud makes me think that all these celebrities are ridiculous, and don't quite fully appreciate how ridiculous they sound. He's actually quite bad at doing himself.  But still he does have integrity, and I don't think he's completely asleep.  The little banjo interludes are good. And yet, I just can't relate to him. He's so goyish; yeah maybe that's it.  But it's all about integrity.  Yeah, integrity.  Fuck.

1 comment:

ginab said...

You know, the review in the NY Times or, gosh, heard on NPR said nearly the same as you. Martin wasn't able to get into himself, how he felt, what he thought. you know his father's rejection of him was quite terrible and I believe this is why he couldn't. Sometimes the journey is in trying to proceed.

Nice to see you in the world. I miss the old world. ;-)