Monday, December 06, 2004

Re-entry

I dreamed that I was an astronaut, piloting a craft to earth. I was to release two capsules which would fall to an ocean. The map which guided me indicated the name of the target area to be "The Sea of Tranquility." I mentioned to the mission control person that this had a sentimental connection, implying correlation with the Apollo moon landing. The two capsules landed, though on the ground, on the concrete, in front of my parent's house in Albany. I piloted the main craft to safety. I disembarked and was congratulated by a small number of people. The praise was sincere but reserved and repressed. One man came down the street and extended his hand in praise. I thought, how odd. I do a good job and yet no real recognition. I removed my uniform and went to a nearby car, on top of which were my clothes, unlaundered and thrown. I cursed, feeling unimportant and yet relaxed and nonchalant. I put on a striped shirt and dark blue sweat pants.

Marlin Brando drove up on a motorcycle and he told of some bolts which needed to be tightened on the bike. I saw that the bolts were loose. I was to accompany him to the repair shop. Another person was with us, though I don't know who he was. The two of them boarded the motorcycle and I was told that there was room for me as well. I felt that they were my friends, yet as I stretched my leg to go over the motorcycle, my sweatpants constricted me and almost ripped. There was room on the bike, yet I could not board it.

And yet, I felt voluntarily removed from the group.

No comments: